View Single Post
Old 09-08-2002, 09:07 AM   #12
eniloda
Eskimo Baby

i'm gwen, a 19 year old art student living in dublin for college but originally from westmeath. i was first formally introduced to damien's music at the album launch for 'o' last year, when aisling dragged me to it. it then became clear that an old friend had been really really into Juniper back in the day but other thanknowing 'Weatherman', i wasn't a great fan at the time. I'd also heard 'The Blowers Daughter' on 'Those Petrol Emotions', free cdwith hotpress, and thought it was a beautiful song. and apparently we heard damien play a few songs at the Mic Christopher Benefit gig as well, but up until i totally fell in love with damien's music at the album launch, i hadn't a clue who he was. since then i've been going to see him play live as often as possible. i've so far seen him 7 times and talked to him twice. he's dead sound and well worthy of all this support. my favourite gig would have to be, like aisling,the stables earlier this year. 'Lonelily' has got to be one of the loveliest songs ever but i really really like 'woman like a man'. and most other songs of his. ooh and 'groovy' is brilliant
eniloda is offline   Reply With Quote