View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

Default Vyv's gig in St. Nicolas Church in Galway - Review

So, I finally found the time to write a short review of Vyv’s gig in St. Nicolas Church in Galway…

A friend and I spontaneously decided to go to Vyv’s gig. Thanks to the rainy weather that evening and the Vyv’s great tour manager/ 6th band member we were aloud to get in early, so we could choose the best seats. There wasn’t much advertisement for the gig, if at all, so not many people showed up.
Max Greenwood, Vyv’s piano player, opened for Vyvienne with some songs from his album ‘In The Blood’ and a few new ones. He played for about 30min.
After that the light was turned off and the whole band came on stage wearing crazy colourful blinking glasses. The first song they played was ‘Freak Scene’.

After that they turned the lights and the beautiful stage decoration back on …

I don’t remember the exact order of the songs, but I think these where the songs she played…
Quote:
Set List

Freak Scene
Boozin’
Random Man
Late Always
Treasures
The Inheritance
Bad Move
Hideaway
Never Leave You
I Don’t Wanna Dance (Eddy Grand Cover)
Being A Good Friend
Happy Thoughts

--------------
Yoshimi (Flaming Lips Cover)
They’re not waving

‘Never Leave You’ was a bit different from her previous performances….They played the music from a tape, while Vyv was singing and throwing in some crazy moves. She also added a new vers to the song…don’t remember how it goes though.

She also did a great cover of Eddy Grand’s ‘I Don’t Wanna Dance’.

I think the last song she did was ‘Happy Thoughts’ with audience participation.

For the encore she did ‘Yosimi’ and ‘They’re not waving’

We talked to a few of the band members after the concert including a short chat with Vyv. All her band members are really nice! No news on when the album will come out…
It was a great concert!

PS: Here you can see all the pics I took.

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!

Last edited by RonjaGirl; 04-27-2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: added all videos now...
RonjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote