Thread: Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #14
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Sad to say that, but forums seem to be too obsolete these days and it's hard to have new members that specifically sign up to report from gigs.
I have been through the same with the ninecrimes website and things got really better when we opened a facebook group. It's sad that these days all comes up to facebook and social network but, facing reality, that's where all the people hang out now and that's where they post photos, videos and reviews of the things they experience...

Not sure if the street teams are still a thing... They worked maybe ten years ago but now, I think we should simply have a better presence on social network, to engage more people.
Just to stick with the example above - the ninecrimes facebook group (which is private but everyone can request the access) has many people writing now. In the forum it's still very few of us that can't let go.
It's sad to say that because I love forums. Nothing is as organized and user-friendly as in forums. And that's where true friendships get born. I met a lot of people in forums throughout the years and I consider many of them my friends. I don't think that's the case with social networks... But we live in a time where people want notifications to tell them what's happening, they want hashtags etc.

And yes, it's great that the diehards are still on here. I love this forum, and loved how it was filled with people and comments around 2004-2007. I loved the internet much more then

sorry for the banter!
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote