View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #245
dboyd
Penguins and Whales

So i just saw Coldplay Sunday night and they were awesome!! Howling Bells and Snow Patrol opened for them and they were both pretty damn awesome too!!!

Howling bells were new to me so i did some research before i left and i actually liked what i heard.. she's very attractive and she had a great voice live... I expected the sound to be somewhat sub-par because it was at GM place (19,000+ people) and yeah.... but it was great sound and she sounded wonderful!

Then Snow Patrol came on and played my favorite song Run and got the crowd going a bit and they were great... Who doesn't want to hear another band from Ireland? lol

And then of course Coldplay came out and the party was really on! After they played Yellow and they threw the big yellow balloons out that pop and turn into confetti they mentioned that the show was being recorded for a LIVE VANCOUVER DVD!!!!! It was the second show in two nights (sat, sun) and they decided to record the second one!! it was sooo kool! lol...

Besides the show being awesome Coldplay has started a thing called the "coldwave" and if you haven't heard about it or seen it it's realllly kool. It's basically a simple wave folks would do at a hockey game or whatever sporting event but only this wave is in the dark. All the lights are turned off and everyone takes out their phones/lighters... anything that creates light. With their light by their side they wait for the countdown and one corner starts the wave and it goes around.. it was really kool! there's some examples of it on youtube but hopefully it will be on the DVD in a better picture than what i have found on youtube... IT was pretty neat tho...

Oh! and they completely surprised everyone when they walked from one end of thebulding to the other to about 14 rows up into the audiance and the first 4 seats into that row they played a few songs from!!! it was crazy! I think we made them come out for a second encore too but i'm not sure.... it's hard to say if the first one was an encore or not haha...

awesome night tho! really looking forward to the DVD!!!!
No, when I really really want it all" - Bottom Shelf

"When there's nothing to give
Well how can we ask for more" - Delicate
dboyd is offline   Reply With Quote