View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet View Post
I think she probably came in with the lyrics but that he helped her write the music which I really like. A lot of folks here seem to get worried when Damo explores genres of music outside of his tried and true. I have the opposite reaction and think it only makes him all the more fascinating for his facilitation.

Personally, I find nothing wrong w/ this song at all: it's typically catchy, melodic, multi-layered and I'm apparently the only one here who loves her "non-singer's" voice. I find it both very striking, complex and rich in tone as well as emotionally expressive. Granted, voice has so much to do with taste and perhaps it's due to my being an actor, but I agree w/ Patsy Rodenburg that any voice that can provoke a strong emotional response is an effective or "good" voice. Mel's clearly done that on this forum.
I agree with you in every single word. From the first song I loved her voice and style! I'm loving Damien getting out there and exploring. So far I have loved all of her songs and voice. Very well done.