View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 03:22 AM   #8
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by icec0ld
Dana,

What would be the best way that I could get some/all of those shows from you whenever you can get to it later this month? I'm in the states and do have broadband...just curious and thanks for any direction or help you can give.
if you have broadband, you're practically set. if you can open an account at dimeadozen.com (they weren't allowing to open new accounts a few months ago) but you may check anyway. the entire shows are compressed in flac or shn, that way you can uncompress the files to and have the same quality as wav files and also burn the shows to cds.

i use bitcomet to download torrents, it's pretty neat. just click on the .torrent links you want, and it will create a folder and download the files. once you've download them all just run the .md5 file to verify the files aren't corrupted. (if the files are .shn you use have mkwACT)

there are many programs to decode the compressed files, i use mkwACT (http://home.att.net/~mkw/mkwact.html) for shn and flac frontend for flac files. although there may be better options for flac frontend, i'm beggining to hate it.

once you have the .wav files, you can burn a cd as audio, NOT AS DATA

dimeadozen is not the only option for torrents you can google some more. you can also use the ftp site (check cille's thread about links and briefcases). if you rather use the ftp, you should use an ftp client because it can be pretty slow.

good luck

Last edited by Cali; 08-03-2005 at 03:45 AM.
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote