View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 AM   #38
poe11371
Lost Eskimo

Default Twice actually

I met Damien, Vyv, and Lisa briefly - walked past each other and exchanged hello/great show/thank you's after the show at the pool hall - years ago when he was in town to support O. I really had no idea what to say I was shocked to see the three people who make the music come alive live in front of me. I just dorked out and ran away.

Last winter after the Orpheum show I met Lisa and Vyv for real this time and actually got to hang with Lisa for a bit. It was such a magical moment for me. Such beautiful women and honestly so humble. Vyv was heard saying "you really want me? my signature?" as in "all this fuss over me?" Lisa came out carrying a large box of goodies for the rest of the crew/band on the bus and while giggling at us had promised to come right back out. Sure enough she did mush to the enjoyment of those who braved the cold for the better part of and hour and a half - December in Boston can be a bit nippy. Before all that I got to meet Glen from The Frames/Swell Season for the second of five times that I have racked up now.

Then just this spring I was waiting with some others from the winter show by the tour bus and finally it paid off as Damien and some of his entourage came round the corner and stopped to talk with us. He explained to those who did not know that he does not sign or pose but will chat for a moment. The newbies were upset as expected and asked "what can we do then?" at that moment I never before wanted to slap someone so badly for being so rude - the ignorant fans not Damien. We talked a bit and said our thanks and he blushed and stammered a bit. When we said our goodbyes we shook hands - no bear hug (I'm 6'1" and 280 so I would most likely crush him) and was amazed how soft his hands were. Soft like my grandmother's hands. He must moisturize.

I will be at the show on Wed. at the Pavilion here in Boston. Look for me outside at/after the show. I am rather to spot - I look like Randy (Earl's brother) or Al Borlin (Home Improvement/Tool Time). See you all there and Happy Stalking!
poe11371 is offline   Reply With Quote