View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
I just looked on iTunes and it has a version of "Get This Party Started" by Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan.... i bought it of course and its quite comical to see how Lisa and Damien made this song their own with an alternative/indie twist. Its pretty much all Lisa singing but Damo echoes her in a bit of it.

Did they have to do this, because it is so random for them to do such a dumb song... However as always they made it pretty damn good for the crap of a song it is...
Ms. Moore is quite a brilliant lil' pop artist actually, if you've only heard the singles, you might be surprised by her versatility. Her first album especially showed some extraordinary vocal soulfulness. While certainly a very unexpected take on so uptempo a number, this ultra bluesy version really isn't too far out of keeping with some of that early stuff Pink was doing before she shifted from being an R&B artist so I wouldn't be surprised at all to find Lisa was a fan of it.