View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Building
why? (about Toronto, not about visiting other places )
Well when i visited TO., I was staying with friends and that was a great experience cause I saw a hella lot more of the city than I would've had I been there as a tourist, even though we had zero time to explore the city (we were tied to the studio, grr). So I'm not sure if I'd like the city if I had visited as a tourist staying in the glass+steel skyscraber city centre that looks pretty much the same as most other north american city centres. However, that part of town is fairly small, and there are some other really really cool parts of town with great venues, restaurants, cool shops and nice curious, talkative people - I just got this great impression of the Torontonians when I was there, so friendly and cool. But maybe that's cause I am accustumed to shy, intolerant people where I'm from, Irish people might be harder to impress.
"C'est what" is a great Torontonean restaurant with their own beer brewery. Everything on the menu there looked extremely tempting, and there was a cool (yet warm) atmos.