Thread: Üdv!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #78
Rai
Eskimontologist

It is Blower's Daughter... I'll translate another one shortly, but not now.

I wouldn't say that I play mandolin, I have one and I'm trying to make a continuous sequence of sounds with it... I only know some old Irish tunes, like 'Fainne Geal an Lae' and 'Ar Eirinn Ní Neosfhainn Cé Hí', but not much more... I'd love to get someone who could actually teach me to play it the Portuguese way, but there aren't too many such people in Hungary. To tell the truth, I'm a bit of an instrument-addict, I often get a strong urge to get one, and then there's no going back... I now have a guitar, a mandolin, a tin whistle, an irish flute and a chinese bamboo flute, and I have set my eyes upon the uillean pipes and the viola da gamba and the accordeon, but fortunately the first two are pretty hard to get and are really expensive, but the last...

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote