View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
administrator
forum administrator

i think hot press were here again earlier... they took your list of new songs in the same order...

---

Damien Rice has confirmed details of his long-awaited follow-up to the multi-platinum O. Fresh from curating the Big Tree area at the Electric Picnic festival, Rice has confirmed that in keeping with his minimalist style of album naming, it will be called 9.

Initial reports suggest it may very well be out on 6 November in the UK, but the official date is yet to be confirmed.

The album, his second, is likely to feature songs Damien has been airing live, which include 'Rat In The Grain', 'Accidental Babies', 'Coconut Skins', 'Blower's Daughter 2', 'Grey Room', '9 Crimes', 'My Yoke' and 'Rootless Tree'.

Talking of Damien's live performances, a surprise set at the Hudson Hotel in New York last weekend (September 15) was introduced by none other than Bono.

The pair were in New York to help promote the ONE campaign to Make Poverty History and Edun, the ethical clothing company run by Bono's wife Ali Hewson.

Introducing Damien, the U2 frontman said: "What you're about to hear and see is like being at a Bob Dylan gig in the early Sixties."

"He's really a remarkable talent, I can't quite believe that he's here. I'm very humbled and very honoured and I would ask New York to give him the kind of welcome only New York, only Manhattan can, and then give him the silence he deserves because this is something very special."

Damien performed to an intimate audience of just 200 people, including supermodels Helena Christensen and Christy Turlington, Smashing Pumpkins' James Iha and actress Heather Graham.

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote