View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #78
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
Carvin and Shyatt,

I'd really prefer it if you'd please just halt all the stereotypical comments. It smacks of racism and I find it extremely ignorant and offensive.
I'm here to cause no harm, but I do wish that you'd realize that there really was no mention of anything racial until you just put it in here. If you read that type of language and immediately associate it with stereotypes and racism when nobody else has spoken of it, then it is you who has the problem of stereotypes. You jumped to a conclusion that it had something to do with racism just by seeing what we were doing, that was your mind, not ours. Now, I will agree that it is perhaps ignorant, but that was sort of the point, I was having some fun with the ignorance. There certainly was nothing offensive that it entailed at all. I'm not attacking you here or trying to be an ass, I just think it is important to say that the racial association was never there at all until you put it there. I am, however, glad to see that kind of thing upset you. I'm sure you're a good person, Spamlet.