View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #93
Martine
Eskimo Friend

If you ask me, this is no special duchty thread

Yesterrrrdayyyyyyyyy.......
I've had a great night, but sometimes I missed some magic. Magic which I have felt on other shows.
His voice wasn't that great, you could hear he has a very busy schedule.
The first songs he seems to do it, just sing. One song stopped, another began.
But there wás magic sometimes! Cannonball without mic, only he and his guitar in a full, noiseless (?) hall. Or sitting behind his piano and make a vulnerable ending of Accidental Babies, 'My baby shot my down, bang bang' during (I guess) Coconut Skins. Talking about his willy or sitting in a puddle. When that guy speaks, I'm all ear, I love that. It's just nice.

He also did (I guess) two songs which I didn't recognize.
Vyv also did a song, don't know the name either. (opening act was just Joel and his band)

I missed some magic, some 'pureness' (don't know the word), some intensity, honesty, the things were I felt in love for. The love is still alive, but I don't wanna hear and see him live for a while.
I wanna say, Damien, take a bit of rest, come back to yourself, go do sometimes else for a while and then come back. Sometimes love is only strong when you can't feel it very often.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great night, but he's too big right now. The venue wasn't a venue for him. You could put candles on the podium (which he did), but they couldn't 'rescue' it, the lights took it over.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote