View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #16
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

i can't deny that i think the SONG choice for O was such that it eliminated any explicit heart-torn-open type songs (as i call them). Stuff like woman like a man, and the proffessor. stuff that ended up on the b-sides expressed allot more of his sexuality. Which is a huge are of his music which after listening to his other songs, makes me feel it was somewhat under-represented on O.

Or simply that it didn't fit. I can imagine that if u popped a song like "me my yolk and i" or "rootless tree" onto the album (maybe even "sex change" or "insane") that they'd be horribly out of place.

Whether deliberate or not, i think it definately made the album more marketable to an "easy-listening" audience.

Don't get me wrong, i don't think the songs that got onto O are lesser than those which aren't. Just saying that the difference is there to be seen.

If you were damien, would u consider this time to represent ur more aggressive, more "parent advisory" side to a greater extent?

Or do you think some of the heavier songs are just for his personal outlet, and that when focused on an album, the result is more mellow and smooth?