View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:50 AM   #20
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
however, another part of really wishes he'd realse something that wasn't TOO far off from "O", but not too much alike, because if you change your style too much.. for some reason it either seems to go really really well.. or more then likely just fail. i wish he'd do something like "O" and then release another thing like the B-sides that is more of his angry side!
I respect your opinion but as far as changing styles, just because he released 'O' doesnt mean that mellow is his style. Maybe it is the style that he plays that you like more which I can understand many wanting, but that doesn't mean to classify Damien Rice as someone who only plays songs with the acoustic/"slower" songs on 'O'. I think someone said best that whatever Damien decides to do is for the best. That should be enough.

I don't mean to attack you carvin, maybe I misinterpreted but I just think to put Damien into one category when he has so many talents and can play in many different tones, many different varieties, it just seems unfair to call that one way his style. Damien definitely has a style, but I don't think that it is non-electric and more mellow songs... if anything he has shown a balance and he has gone on record (at least i think) of saying the album could have been a little harder if he had the money to do so at the time of making it.

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote