Thread: At Swim Preview
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:23 PM   #62
igor
Eskimo Baby

here's my little review track by track

fall - i excepted the whole album would be songs like this one, which wouldn't bother since fall is one of my favorites. love the lyrics in this one, make you put a lot of thoughts in deciphering the meaning..

prayer for the dying - i've never clicked with this one, i find it too draggy(??). love the harmony on the second half of the chorus though.

snow - reminds me of paper house. love the chorus. a nice song to pretend to be in its video while driving in a backseat of a car while it's snowing.

lo - surprising. didn't expect lisa's lyrics to have a repeating line. chorus is catchy but i can't really tell what are the lyrics. love the yoo oooooo part.

undertow - absolute fav. first piano riff makes me think of teeth's intro and then BOOM, synth. and after that the chorus with mandolin and banjo and it really reminds me of braille. the 'i wanna flo o o o o oat' line is forever stuck in my head.

ora - beautiful. 'moon pulling the water 'round and me to you'. beautiful. and also there's a background noise on one part and it's what she talked about in an interview when she said she liked that the certain artist had lots of background noises.

we, the drowned - exciting. it just builds up till "and we sing and we sing and we siiiiiing" and after that part it's magic. "like thiiis like thiiis" is lisa's most powerful singing ever and i enjoy every part of it. also TONS of amazing harmonies.

anahorish - harmonies. harmonies. harmonies. the lullaby of the album.

tender - sea sew on steroids. good but certainly not fav. love the "who o o o o o came up swinging every morning through it all" line

funeral suit - was my favourite before the album was released but i can't get accustomed to the new timing. love the drums though.

barton - people don't seem to like this one but i adore it. the dissonance and her vibrato is so soothing. also i never expected that lisa would have "crocodile" in her song. love the trippy singing and the electronic beat. very björkish in my opinion. perfect ending track with that weeeoooooh weeeeoh ending.

sorry for the long post .