View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 02:40 AM   #56
thierryhenry
Eskimo Regular

I tried to tape the Odeon, and f**ked up (not really, the complete story is: I had my Sony and everything ready, I didn't get my mic in time from SP so I was forced to take my computer microphone [only thing i had lying around] and clip it down my sweatshirt and use it. So I am there, and everything is cool, [I have 5 solid songs on MD if you'd like to listen], and then a guy about 2 feet in front of us was asked to leave by venue security for taking pictures [seemed harsh but he got kicked out]. Security was perched about stage, and I'm sure could see what I checking/manipulating something throughout the show, so after the 5th song I decided to stop and enjoy the concert, while was worth it.) A couple of weeks ago, I used my SP Stereo T Mic with my Sony Mz-R55 and booted a short 15 minute set of one of the local bands here in our auditorium. If you'd like to listen to that, I convert it, remastered it in SF 6.0, etc. etc. Did everything properly, and now is on my HD in FLAC format with fingerprints and everything. So I think you should be happy that I am doing things properly....

Anyway, naturally it will no where as good as your recordings, because you have $2000 gear, opposed to mine $100 gear. You have experience, I have little to none, so you don't need to flame me for being an amateur, because you were once one too. And if you'd like me to get a better rig ( I am gonna tape Modest Mouse 2 dates this summer, if not more bands) you can surely send me some money to get a DAT and a SchoepsMK4 or something. Other thatn that, I already know your "review."

So you can save it.
thierryhenry is offline   Reply With Quote