Thread: Spain
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #21
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

You can hear the man himself talking about Spain in this video that Sister Midnight linked a while ago:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...94931586&hl=en

He talks about Spain about 18 min in:

"We don't play in Spain, we don't tour Spain, i just take time off there, I just want to have somewhere that I can go and where I don't see the record in the shops, I don't see posters, and where people don't stop me, not that I have a problem with that, but it's nice to able to go somewhere where you just be absolutely lost and being yourself again"

Watch the whole thing!! The music is amazing and he has some interesting comments like this one about being "Lost":

"I'm still lost, i'm still confused, I still have no idea what i'm doing in life, i love life, I hate it, i love people and I hate people, I love myself and I hate myself, I'm still in conflict, i'm hopeful: i'm still a mess"

He also uses a funny food comparison, says he's not McDonalds but a little organic cafe. He also talks about the use of The Blower's Daughter in Closer. And all that dressed in the most famous shirt in history! Watchit
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote