View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #151
rockthesmurf
Friend

Just a little more information; I was at the competition gig at the Scala in London yesterday, and someone asked Damien once again "Where's Lisa?", as before he paused for a little while then shrugged his shoulders and said "I dunno", then he looked around at each band member, mainly as a joke to see if any of them knew, noone really said anything but then Tom said "she's at home", so Damien repeated this to the audience. Damien seemed to be making it to be a bit of the joke, but it was weird, the other people on stage didn't seem to want to smile about it, they didn't seem to know what to say.

Then some time later (after a song or maybe multiple songs) he went back to the point, I can't remember his exact quote, but it was under the lines of, "Going back to what the guy over there *points to audience, where he believed the 'Where is Lisa' question came from*, it's not that I am trying to avoid the question, it's just, well *pauses*, it's hard. It's like we play music, that's our career, but we are normal, we have personal lifes, we have personal problems, so as much as I want to be open with you all, I also want to be really quiet."

I think the point he was making is that just because he stands in front of thousands of people and entertains millions with his music, it doesn't mean that he should have to share anything about his life other than his music, which to me indicates the current situation with Lisa is something quite personal and not just music related.

Just thought I'd let all you guys that weren't at the gig yesterday know what he said.

And on a side note, OMG THE GIG WAS FANTASTIC!

Steve
xo