View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by This has got to die
Shame that you cant take two minutes to watch what is the truth but can waste your time accusing people of things that are quite simply not true.
I don't think it's a waste of my time state my offense, which has of quite allot importance! And I watched a bit of the video initially but didn't have time to watch it all. There's no reason why that has any effect on my right to state what i feel about your phrasing. After all how will anything ever progress if everyone spends their time pretending to to agree.

Obviously, anyone is going to have problems with being acused of racism, but still just rethink the way you say something please. It isn't "Sick Japs" but just people, like you or I. Even if it discusts you that people like you could do that.

I just watched the vid, it doesn't make any difference.

I wasn't trying to catch you out to accuse you of anything tragic... just that I found the phrasing somewhat unfair ... so that alone should be something to make you reconsider. And that's all i'll say about it.

About the video, It's rather emotive, and damn tragic, and something should be done about it.
Bear in mind, that from all the photography, the most shocking images will have been chosen.
I've been macrel fishing before, and they die exactly the same way just on a smaller scale. I was discusted, and i watched a little fish having it's head crushed, whilst others had fits of desperation like. But there's no social rebelian or cries of cruelty, i just let my line to the seabed and pretended to wait for a bite while everyone else was reeling them in.
Pigs are the next inteligent animals after dolphins, but they're slaughtered (maybe not as slowly as that PARTICULAR footage) on a far more widespread basis. Dolphins are just more humaised by tv (flipper).
I just think that this is made more horrifying because it's graphically infront of your eyes. I'd probably feel almost as discusted watching the worst footage available of a pig slaughtered, and sad music was played in the background.

I don't feel like i can trust that vid (as it is obvious campagning material) to judge the industry in how humane it is. (if you mean the word humane as a maximum speed, minimum pain... )

I feel rather hurt for the particular dolphins i just watched die, and it's all I can comment on.