View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #18
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Leaves Left
they were japanese, but they term "jap" is derogatory similar to calling a black person a nigger or an italian a wop or dego.
exactly, although jap is technically short for japanese, the word is a racist word, as bad as nigger (i hate saying that) and as bad as everything else there. i know the topic creator didnt mean it that way, but the term itself is racist and very offensive, which is why we pointed it out.

you say that people are being lead off track in this topic, but i find it more worrying to find that people are beggining to think that using the term 'jap' or any other word like that is fine and normal.

no offence to anyone here of course, i know the TC didnt mean it to be racist, but please dont defend the use of that term.

sorry for drifting off topic, i dont want this topic to become a debate, because we really should be worried for those poor little friendly creatures, but i just find it scary that so many people would defend a term that has been so widely used as a racist attack

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go

Last edited by Ships_Were_Sailin; 03-09-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote