View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #23
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator
honestly, i think it's laughable that you think there's a lot of censorship here... you need to get over it

it's hardly censorship if the title was just changed so that it makes more sense. also 'japs' is an insensitive term, even if you don't find it insensitive.

babe, i dont care enough to need to get over anything.

and bumpman, saying that i value animals over humans is such a ridiculous notion, that im truly not even going to try to rebuttle it. it would just be a waste of time...i will say though, that at least your argument was good for a laugh!

anyway.... i just sent this in a reply to someone's pm, and it shows my reasoning:

Honestly, there is so much censorship in schools, the media, and almost every organization. When I hear things on the news like store clerks cannot say "Merry Christmas" and people are passing bills through congress because the word "God" is mentioned in The Pledge of Allegiance, I can't help but wonder what the world is turning into. Pretty soon, no one will be able to say anything about any denomination because it could be conceived as being prejudiced. Have you ever read the classic novel Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? When I see all of our words being censored and changed, it just proves that we are one step closer to a world where no one even has conversation anymore. These may be small and minor changes, but what they foreshadow is terrifying. Read the book, and I think you will understand what a huge issue censorship is.

So...when I see such censorship on Eskimo Friends, which is a largely liberal board, I see a lack of freedom creeping into a place where people should really be able to go and truly speak their minds. And truly that is what it comes down to, a lack of freedom.

(sorry this is off topic, i really do apologize)

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/

Last edited by LaurenBledsoe; 03-09-2007 at 11:36 PM.
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote