View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #143
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

2 things i have realised from this topic, one, who all the pricks are, not naming names but some of you i considered to be pretty cool until your mindless idiotic immature posts here, so go shove a pipe somewhere, your choice as to where. and not talking about JMC or glitrgirl or anyone who expressed their opinion in a mature way, they have right to their opinion, but the others who are like "LOLz this is soo stoopid wake up dreamers lol Look AT my RAP LOLZORS ME n Dean Rule!" slight give away, but whatever.

another thing, i agree with lauren, i would expect damien to give something back to his fans, but seeing as he is so openly unhappy with his life at the moment it doesn surprise me that he wouldent. that quote he said about music that was on the front page a bit ago, it was something like

"people think bieng a musician is such a great job, so magical, where as i see my self as someone who manufactures plastic"

(i could have just went and copied and pasted the exact quote, but cant be arsed)

That quote sums up damien rice for me, a man who has big talent, but has completely lost the drive and the love for what he does, which is why he is becoming so bitter, and will eventually drve people away from him until he bites the dust and becomes a farmer in sweeden, say what you want id better a tenner that within the next 2 years he will be tending sheep.

anyway, i forgot why i went into that rant, i think i have a point, oh yeah, thats why i cant really see him doing this anymore, he simply doesnt care enough in my opinion.

the sad thing is he used to be so different, he used to love what he does, his interviews were a pleasure to watch as he spoke so well about what his music means to him, and now youd be lucky to see him without throwing a mood on stage, or being particularly moody in an interview.

the above post is all my opinion, so dont go beating on me, well you can if you want but make it quick, its just something thats been bugging me about damien recently, and this is also why i cant see this happenening anymore.

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go

Last edited by Ships_Were_Sailin; 06-09-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote