Thread: Boston Show
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 05:25 AM   #51
poe11371
Lost Eskimo

Exclamation Amen brotha, and my two cents ... for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atagher
Personally, this concert was amazing. Yes, it was out of the ordinary but thats exactly what made it so special. Think about the show and his TBD rendition, his communication with the crowd, him playing songs like face and sand, telling stories before a lot of the songs... thats stuff that you would know as special if you were an avid listener of damien. ... Everyone on these boards knows that a show like that is special...
I was restless in my seat at the beginning of the show as he played three of top five tracks and two of them are not even "studio" tacks ... Sand and Face ... and The Professor, Lisa singing with such a great force and power, I was impressed and was pleasantly shocked.

Having seen him at Avalon when he was around here supporting "O'' I came to expect a bit of the artistic license and the type of show he can put out. That is just Damien live, if you didn't know what to expect -I'm sorry - but stop wining and do your research next time.

Some of these people need to cut Damien and the band some slack. This is not a play, nor Opera, they are allowed to do/play whatever, however, they want. You have the right to be disappointed too, but I personally feel your complaints are falling upon deaf ears, that includes the reviews from the newspapers too, as any hardened fan will admit that he puts on a show, not just performs the hits that the casual fan wants him to play.

My only complaint was that Damien duck out the back door and left early for New York and the show was mixed a bit too heavy, at least it was on the Orch. level, not sure how it was on the Mez. and Balc. levels. I did get to meet Viv and Lisa, got to talk with her for a moment, great people. Not your "rock star" types some people are trying to pigeon hole them as.

that's all, for now ...

oh and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
read closer. entire shows are definitely NOT allowed there unless every single song has been officially released.
My bad. Oh well. Sure it will get out there somehow whenever as most shows do. In all fairness as all the tracks that were performed that night are already available to download from previous shows, some are even on this site. So ... not sure is that counts or not, but oh well. I have not listened to the shows from CA from the torrents from that site yet but I see track listings for some songs that were not commercially released ... guess they don't really enforce that rule too much.

now, that's all, I think ... for now

Last edited by poe11371; 12-14-2006 at 05:50 AM.
poe11371 is offline   Reply With Quote