Thread: Boston Show
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 08:35 AM   #58
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
"Unfortunately, Rice’s need to flex his anger muscles popped up early and often with tunes such as the menacing “Face,” which found the singer screaming into his microphone to the point of distortion. Granted, a set composed entirely of Rice’s quieter tunes would make for a rather sleepy show, but his attempts at mixing things up seemed forced. "

****ing moron. it's a distortion mic and intentional. they lose all credibility as a reviewer of live shows right there IMO these idiots need to start taking the show for what it is and quit the "it sucked b/c it didn't sound soft and like the album" mentality.
Currently listening to: "Then Go," El Rey Version...

Very well put. You know, whenever I read these reviews (which is very seldom in fact), I always get a mental picture of some 35-40 something washed up fat guy with greasy hair and a bag a cheetos trying to fit in with the crowd at a show. I mean, come on....are these guys really fans or just some low-life trying to make a buck?

"Um...excuse me, yeah, sorry for bothering you but could you please tell me what that last song was called? Oh, The Blower's Daughter...wait, the death metal version??? Eureka!"

F*ck off.

The thing is, if they constantly wrote nice reviews, no one would read them and they might be labeled as being "too nice." And in the media world, this label is a death-sentence. All they're concerned with is capturing your attention so that they can walk into their boss's office Monday morning with a 3 inch hard-on and show him exactly how much publicity his story received from the fans.

And yes, there might be some validity to the reviews and I'm not one to just defend someone blindly. I personally think the sound guys could definitely try to mix a little better, especially when regarding the resonant frequency of the theater (just to let you know, in case you were wondering why the bass was a lot louder in some parts of the songs, here's your answer!).

Peace.

Last edited by Valentino; 12-15-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote