View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #73
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

Great, great show, about 2hs long. He was in a good mood, chatty with the crowd and telling stories (the same ones you've heard before)
I'm trying to remember as many details as possible.
The first person to yell "I love you" was a guy so that set the tone for the night
"Funny thing about love..." (chocolate analogy)
Then another guy yelled "Please take my wife" (??) to which he replied "I'll take your wife if you take my husband". LOL I don't know... it was hilarious
Then some girl yelled "make me a mother" and everyone laughed.
Crowd was good, no loud singalongs, just whatever you expect with 9 crimes, Volcano or TBD. I did have a girl behind me who sang EVERY word, but she wasn't loud. The were a ton of flash photography which was pretty annoying.
And they talked a lot during Mia's opening set, that was kinda rude
I recorded it on my phone but quality is not the best, I'll se if I can polish it a bit. Like an idiot I didn't record the aftershow.

Delicate
Elephant
MFFF (forgot the lyrics he always forgets)
The Professor & La Fille Danse (with extra verses, on a tiny guitar -not ukelele-)
Amie
9 Crimes (with loops, also great)
Change you (started the song and forgot the lyrics right away, had to stop. Told that he keeps forgetting the lyrics because it's the only love song he's written and restarted the song)
Accidental Babies (by request): Excellent version, with loops. "From the song that asks the least of anybody to the song that asks the most"
The Greatest Bastard
Volcano
It takes a lot... (this is so great, seeing it live, watching him go to one instrument to the other... it's something else)

Encore:
Rootless Tree
I Remember
Time to Go with Mia Maestro and Joel Shearer on guitar
The Box (People were requesting Colour Me In and The Box and he chose this one)
The Blower's Daughter
Cannonball (with his 12 year old godson Tom).

The affter show was right outside the venue. The were a lot of people waiting, I thought he would just say hello and get in the van, but he walked out, guitar in hand and started playing.

Eskimo
9 crimes with a fan who brought his guitar (there were at least 4 people with guitars)
"now I want to hear an argentinian song"
A couple of guys played a song by Baglieto - Vere's friend sang during this one and it was awesome! Hope someone posts a video.
Naranjo en Flor
"now we want something irish"
An irish song by Damien
Cannonball again with his godson
To Love Somebody (reading lyrics from his cellphone and while the people of the venue were closing down, they turned out the lights)
Somebody gave Damien a book. "I can't read spanish". I don't know if he took it or not
The guys requested Stoic, but he didn't play it
Trusty and True

Mia Maestro was also there, but enjoying the moment like one more in the crowd, behind him. She seems cool.

Some pics I took

This one is by Vere's friend, that's Tom in the red shirt

There were a LOT of cellphones up so I'm sure a few videos will appear on youtube soon

Last edited by eva_arg; 10-28-2015 at 11:41 AM.
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote