View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #63
chelseafc008
Eskimo Baby

9 is dissapointing for me. After one listen, i just thought "is that it?" I was hoping for a hidden song in the 15 minutes of annoying noise at the end of Sleep Don't Weep. I love the mellow, more tuneful songs overall, which is why I prefer O so much more. The "heaviest" song on O was "I Remember". I like Animals, but the chorus is a let down to me as is the last minute (I love instrumentals but the end of this song reminds me of a closing scene of a cheesey musical from the 70's). Elephant is brilliant and actually reminds me of Blowers daughter. I don't like the chorus on Rootless Tree but i like the rest of it. It finishes strong with accidental babies, grey room, and sleep dont weep. But I was expecting more. 9 crimes and elephant are my favourite (i voted for 9 crimes). The rest are nothing special to me(after 4 or 5 listens). I hope it grows on me but i wont be holding my breath for the next 5 year, wait ing for Damien's next CD.

I like these songs a lot:
9 crimes
Elephant
Accidental Babies
Grey Room

Sleep Dont Weep and Animals are pretty good.

I dont like the other 4, and since they all come in a row, it kind of kills the CD for me.

If i had to pick 10 songs from both O and 9 to make a CD i would choose

Blowers Daughter
Eskimo
Delicate
Volcano
Cannonball
Older chests
9 crimes
Elephant
Accidental Babies
Grey Room

And then maybe (since Damien has a long track to end his album) i would put in cross-eyed bear or the rat within the grain in as a hidden track.
chelseafc008 is offline   Reply With Quote