Thread: Gamete Disease
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 04:40 AM   #19
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-X
it's funny because i'm majoring in health studies and my roommate is a biology major and whenever we hear that line we give a little chuckle because gamete disease is just nonsensical term (no offence to Damien). I guess Damien just wanted to make some sort of reference to genetics. I wouldn't dig too deep into the meaning of that line because any definition you derive from that is really stretching it, in my opinion. I say just take it as it is and enjoy the rest of the song because it IS still an amazing song (one of my faves actually)!
hehe that made me chuckle.. sweetie offering our interpretations and analyzing lyrics is what we do here.. well some of us quite enjoy it anyway

and i don't see why he would just throw out random genetic terminology.. there's obviously meaning behind it, maybe it's very 'inside' to the point of being hermetic but i doubt that it's meaningless.. plus that line of the song has always intrigued me, so good on ya tim for the topic! you are right though al-x it IS an amazing song, so rich with metaphors and such..

so anybody got a take on what finishing it off with some french wine and cheese might mean?
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote