View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #30
Lys
Eskimo Regular

My first time in his venue, quite an impressive entrance. I'm happy I was ushered to my seat, because it was indeed quite hard to find. It was a chair, somewhere on the left balcony, second row. Very close together with 3 other people in the row...cosy!!
Not much different in the setlist, other than SAND, which Cuuliem asked for!
Lovely version, and great to finally hear live.
Volcano with 2 girls he met on a beach, they were from Grenoble...they were uhm...not professional singers I think But sounded ok. Audience participation was awesome! Lots of fingersnapping, clapping, stamping, singing! The french are an enthusiastic bunch! Difference from Berlin was huge.
A choir appeared for T&T. They sang loud and clear, very well. Seemed they added some of their own ideas too.

Of all the 4 shows I been to, this was my favorite MFFF. Not sure why, it just sounded amazing, could also be the acoustics in the venue, which were really good (I'm partially deaf, so the louder the better ha!)
Saw lots of people around me film, a girl in front of me filmed the entire show.

Lots of banter tonight, seemed the Amsterdam mood didn't stick
He said the question he was asked most these days, is "what have you been doing the last 8 years".. and he said that in a funny boring voice. Someone in the audience shouted 'making love!' and he laughed. He talked about the live of a musician and how it is over romanticized. He gets up, late and tired, to go to some thing or event (indoors), where he arrives late, and then is late for the other (indoor) thing he needs to be...and then after, another indoor thing, and goes to the venue, which is also indoor...etc....not so romantic...:P

He did mention he went to a small place in Spain and saw a lot of beaches, and met a lot of musicians.
Can't remenber much more, my eyelids are closing. But I remember this was the first time I heard him thank the 'people in the dark' (his crew and the venue personel). The only ones that are much more indoors than him

We (cuuliem, Claude, and me) waited for a short while, together with a group of other people. He came briefly outside, shook hands, and vanished with friends into town...I told him I shared a Guinness with him in Oslo but he did not seem to remember that. Oh well haha, I understand! Who likes Guiness anyway! :P

SAND is uploading at the moment, will be online shortly here: http://youtu.be/pxDWFqWUNFg

How do you embed a video here, can someone explain?

Last edited by Lys; 11-06-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote