Thread: Borgata show
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 03:48 AM   #13
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesilver
Yeah, I had to post about this on here. First of all, I'm no meat head, but I was the guy who yelled "Shut the **** Up!" louder then anybody at the "YEAH!" lil Jon kid. The kid was like 17, and doing his best to be funny. He was 4 people behind me on the floor and it took every once of restraint I had not to really do something about him. I almost felt bad because the kid was like 5'10" 150lbs soaking wet, and it would have been a bad scene.
I was about two shakes away from walking over and beating the **** out of the kid. Luckily I was with a friend of mine who would not have had that. Two of the girls who were a couple of people in front of us were rather annoying and I must say the one had the most annoying voice when she turned around every two seconds to find out what they had played so far so they could decide what song they should yell out.

I was disappointed in the crowd myself. A lot of people had the wrong idea of the sort of music that they play. It seemed like too many people seemed to be expecting it to be more like a traditional rock concert. However, we did meet a couple of girls in between sets who had never heard of Damien Rice before and were extremely pleased with what they heard.

Even will the ridiculousness around me, we had a great time. We only stuck around for about six of Fiona's songs. I saw her with Coldplay back in March and would have stuck around if I was still with my ex, but the girl I took really didn't have much interest in Fiona so we left to head back to our hotel.

- Matt