View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 AM   #61
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent99 View Post
Ah, I love Mic... and when Glen sings Mic songs! I wish they were doing it here in NY.
I completely agree. I live in NYC, but I lived for half a year in Cork last year so I unfortunately juuust missed it. I wish so much that I could go to this concert but the travel to Ireland is too dang expensive.

Mic's music is absolutely incredible. I didn't know who he was until about four years ago when I started getting in Glen's music. I've been a fan of Damien since "O" came out, but I never payed much mind to who it was dedicated to. I learned of Mic's stuff through having discovered Glen and his music. I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and always saw him busking with this skinny guy wearing an Elvis belt buckle.

I bought Skylarkin', and it's become honestly one of my favorite albums of all times. It's a masterpiece. He had so much potential and if he'd lived, I think he may have even been more successful than either Glen or Damien. When I went back and saw that O was dedicated to Mic, I was surprised. I was also surprised when I saw Lisa had dedicated a song to him as well on her album. It seemed like the friendship that he and Glen shared was amazing. I have a friend that I play music with all the time just as those two did, and he's my best friend. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like for Glen losing Mic. I'm so happy that they're keeping his spirit alive through his music. I'm so glad that they'll ensure he's not forgotten. When I was in Dublin, Glen played Heyday with Damien, Paddy Casey, Mundy, Natalie Merchant, Paul Brady, and a sea of Irishmen drunkenly singing every word at the top of their lungs. It was incredible.

I talked to Glen and thanked him because his music led me to Mic's. He told me how happy it made him to hear that. I hope they rock Dublin at this concert and bring Mic back for one night. We'll have to pray for YouTube videos or a recording of the show because it's bound to be legendary.

Rave on, Mic Christopher.
Brandinian is offline   Reply With Quote