View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #81
verenita
... trusty and true ...

ok, guys. i will try to make some justice to the concert, but i beg your pardon in advance, cause iīm quite sure that my words just will fail me.

as i said, the gig lasted over four hours. it was absolutely brilliant, utterly moving, emotional, beautiful... superlative! i think there were more than 30 artists on stage, all friends of mic, who honoured his life and spirit and what he was to all of them. it was more about his early days as a busker on grafton street and the mary james times than his later days, but most of the song from skylarking were played.

i will name some pople. i didnīt know them all and i may forget some: besides, the mary janes bandmates and the frames, of course, we had the pleasure to listen and see mundy (who played a terrific version of one the mary janeīs song), nina hayes sang a beautiful version of "what a curious notion", a group of three kids (i donīt know who they are), the coronas, two females (but i donīt know much about them) who sang beautifully as well, this huge irish musician (sorry, i cannot remember his name, but all the irish people in the room got mentally happy, he) and even paul brady showed up. plus, many more musician (iīm sorry, but that was so intense and emotional and moving that i got completly lost and so did my memory), most of them from the busking times. glen was superlative too... and, as i said, at some point he told a story about how much mic loved kids and how good he was to them, and after that, he said that one and a half year after mic passed away, this little cute girl came to mic friendīs life and it turned out she was his daughter... the girl showed up on the stage and sang a song. she has a beautiful song (iīm sure there will be vids on youtube any time soon). Liam Ó Maonlaí, joined by everybody on stage closed the night -well, almost- with a moving version of "forever young".

after that, nobody was in the mood of leaving, of course. so, glen said something about micīs parents and what a good singer micīs father was. so, he invited him (they both were at the gig) to the stage to sing a few elvis tunes. so, thats what harry christopher did. he told a short story aobut mic and he said his son lived the live he wanted therefore he had a happy life

there were also a few vids on the screen from the early days with the mary jane and another one, where mic had dreadlocks

i think this is pretty much it. because i cannot describe all the love and the emotions that everyone could actually feel and breath. as i said, i only knew a bit of mic after i discovered damien and, because of that, glen. but i was so happy to be there. it was, once again, superlative.