View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #83
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ great! you did so much better than me i bet most of the videos belong to the guy who was right in front of me. i got a bit irritated at some point, to be honest.

i forgot to say that all the money goes to fragile x disease research. here´re some words from colm (whose oldest son has this disease):

"The main focus of course is Mic, we'll be playing his songs and the songs he loved. But the night is also to raise awareness and funds for Fragile X Disease," said Colm. "We've been looking for the right time to do a gig to raise funds and we just thought the two work well together.
"We're hoping the funds raised will pay for professionals from an institute in Colorado in the US to come over and help families here dealing with the disease. There are cases of Fragile X diagnosed here every week and people still know nothing about it."

He said The Frames felt it was suitable to combine tonight's Vicar Street gig for their pal Mic with the fundraiser because Mic "was always a big supporter of children's charities". "He spent time in Bosnia before he died visiting and helping the war children so we know he'd have wanted to help with this too."