View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #27
Rai
Eskimontologist

Wait, I don't remember labeling anyone anything. I just raised an eyebrow over an artist who prides himself as being anti-establishment suddenly rolling around in the hay with the most despicable part of the establishment (the Cannes crowd).

I also fail to see when was there any talk about Damien searching for new means of artistic expression, or when did I reject the notion. As far as I remember, he's still playing Blower's Daughter at the gigs he plays, sometimes even with a quiet, long-haired and attractive female who stays conveniently in the background.

And as far as Hollywood charity goes, call me unenthusiastic. Let's look at Bono. When he's not busy heckling African activists at TED conferences and avoiding to pay taxes in his home country that is at the moment going down the drain, he spends much of his charity work either by promoting worthless, but cool-sounding ideas (computers to everyone in Africa) or collecting money that will be poured into the bottomless pit that is corrupt African governance. Meanwhile, he's unwittingly projecting the image that those poor, backwards black people can't do nothing on their own, they need the helping hands of the benevolent, rich white folks.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote