View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
T-Lloyd
Eskimo Baby

I guess at the end of the day, sometimes a person can try to maintain that they are the moody and depressed artist and decline events where famous people will also be; but sometimes if a friend (in this case Sean Penn) invites you and you constantly say no for no other reason than it is a pretentious event; it can sometimes come across more like you are an a**hole than if you had just agreed to go along and try to have fun. Like all of us; we occasionally go to things we don't want to go to (my wife drags me to all kinds of events that I am not pleased about attending); but we do it anyway for various different reasons. If my wife dragged me along in a suit and tie to attend a classical music performace at the opera house and some of the local politicians attended also; and some of my punk rocker mates saw a picture of me at the event; they would not insult me for being part of a scene that I don't identify myself with because they like most other humans are aware that sometimes we do things that do not resonate with us as individuals, but we do them anyway for reasons outside of satisfying our own pleasures.

I find these photos completely un-funny; but have no angst for Damien for attending an event like this....why would I? He's just a musician/artist who happens to write brilliant songs and also do a lot for charity....but who cares if he attends the odd pretentious event every now and then? He is after all human. No point getting angry about it eh.
T-Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote