Thread: Boston Show
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:42 AM   #7
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettle soupee
Yeah it was kind of. It was absolutely hilarious. It seemed part planned but mostly improv and they went pretty nuts with the lights, and Damo whipped out the good ol' electric. I have like an 18 second video of it, but I felt really guilty taping, so it sucks badly. It was so funny though.

Overall I thought the gig was great. Audience was pretty good, appreciative. You could tell there were some hardcore fans. Damo in a great mood, everyone played great, I had a blast.

Lisa sang this solo for someone Brown... who passed it away. It seemed like her heart was breaking as she sang, I think she was crying.
I was crying. It was beautiful.

Swell Season opened real nicely too, except people talked thru their entire set and I swear only five people were listening. Glen's last number Star, Star was lovely, and he made us giggle with his whistling and Willy Wonka impression. Totally charming.

Looking back Damo played a FANTASTIC selection of songs old, new, unreleased. I loved it!

Damo Set list as follows:
-Sand
-The Proffesor
-Face
-Grey Room
-Volcano + 20 minute like...jam session.
-Piano Intro + Accidental Babies (gorgeeeeousss!)
-And then Damien joked about Vyv playing a "song that gets him everytime" or something and she played an amazing cover of..
"Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1" by the Flaming Lips.
-Very much funnny, but classic Amie story.
-Amie, ending with.. "brings peace for you and me."
-Another kind of improv tangent...He played with a bunch of effects, it was loud and basically rocked the house.
-Eskimo
-Coconut Skins. (This was one of the best versions I've heard. Tons of energy!)
-Death Metal Version of Blower's Daughter (<3<3<3)
-Me, My Yoke and I.
-The Animals Were Gone
-"Ended" w/ Cold Water. (people cheered soooo loudly for Lisa!)

Encore:
-Lisa's previously described gorgeous solo song.
-Cannonball
-9 Crimes...which led into
-Rootless Tree.

I probably missed some, but...I was kind of absorbed in the music.
=D
rather of had that set than both LA shows...
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote