Thread: Boston Show
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #16
steamed eskimo
Eskimo Baby

Unhappy

Saw the Boston show last night. Looking forward to hearing some of his most beautiful songs such as Blowers Daughter and Delicate. Imagine my surprise when he plays a joke version Blowers Daughter in death metal style. He later then says "Have you ever heard a more shi**ier version of Blowers Daughter?". No, I had to go home and listen to the CD to clear the atrocity from my mind.

The song Amie also ended with a very long, loud, noise improv of the spaceship sound effects. He must be totally bored with his older material, did not play Delicate.

The back half of the Orpheum was quite noisy with talking from the lobby, don't know why the staff could not keep them quiet (or maybe it was the staff talking). Could not hear much of Damien's dialog. He did say as people were calling out titles, "I have these ear plugs in so can't hear anything, it's basically a one way deal so I'll just play what I want". Nice way to connect with your audience!

So disappointing, way too much "rock band wannabe" and too little of the wonderful contemplative music I came to hear. Will not bother with another show.
steamed eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote