View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #10
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I think that the lyrics that you're missing are due to some of the existing ones possibly being incorrect. I've listened tothose partsover and over with justthe vocal parts boosted and the backing instrumentation turned all the waydown and this (corrections are in caps)is what I believe they are:

The first part of the"what I want for you is to empty your head" verse is correct but then the second half of it is "what I want from US is to learn to let go/We fade theFORESTS and fracture theTIDES weGO blind when we needIT to see...

Chorus: SOF.U. 3xAND ALL THAT YOU DOI SAIDBLEED IT 3x There's nothing in youAND YOU CANhate me 3x hate me SO GOODTHAT you can let me out 2x let me outof hell when you're around etc.

One important difference that I'm percieving about the last verse is that the last two lines ofit are all one longsentence otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.This is what the lyrics are there:

"IKNOW notOF youBUT OFall that is old: killers reinvent and believe and it leans on me etc.

I think he's referring to himself as the (mercy)killer of this relationship which has gotten soold and tired and rottenthat it hasdied (which is why the tree is rootless).

There's one more thing I want to add/amend. I'm almost positive about half of the "let me out"s that he does are actually intermittentlyalternated with"let me UP"s which also make a wholelot of sense if he's feeling like he's being crushed under the weight of a fallen tree and is strugglingand (in typical Damo fashion)mustask/demand her helpbefore he cangetfree.

As for the title although I liked f**k YOU's directness. The metaphor of the rootlesstree goes all the way through almost all the song's lyrics and is therefore more fitting. As far as the confusion over the previous title being proper or not I look at it as the fact that it's a new song and the title probably wasn't decided on for sure (and who knows if it will stay this way either yet?)
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote