View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #48
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

I was at the gig and, as you can all see, it was an incredible performance. After not having watched Damien since Marlay Park in 2007, I was long overdue a concert. The fact that it was on a sunset-lit beach in Barcelona made it extra special.

My personal favourites were 9 Crimes and ITALTKAM, mainly because he allowed himself more expression in these songs. Unfortunately time was of an issue here, as has been pointed out, but I thought he filled the hour with a perfect festival mix of jukebox classics and musical prowess.

Probably the best insight I can give, that you won't get from the stream, is how well Damien was received by the Primavera crowd. This festival weekend was totally about The Strokes for a lot of people, with the other artists purely making up the bill. Nearly everyone I spoke to about their top performers of the weekend said something along the lines of "... And Damien Rice! I didn't expect him to be that good live!" He was trusted with quite a big slot on the main stage and he certainly didn't let himself down.

Thanks to everyone who helped capture the video! I can't wait to watch it back.

Last edited by Moves-My-World; 05-31-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote