View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #57
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moves-My-World View Post
Probably the best insight I can give, that you won't get from the stream, is how well Damien was received by the Primavera crowd. This festival weekend was totally about The Strokes for a lot of people, with the other artists purely making up the bill. Nearly everyone I spoke to about their top performers of the weekend said something along the lines of "... And Damien Rice! I didn't expect him to be that good live!" He was trusted with quite a big slot on the main stage and he certainly didn't let himself down.
thanks for sharing this. in fact, a friend of mind went there to see him live for the first time and she is not even a big fan, but she was so overwhelmed by damien´s gig, so were her friends. she sent me a voice note after the gig to share some thoughts and everybody was shouting at the background "it was THE concert at primavera" she even texted me during the concert: "i´m crying vere"... i´m glad you have such a good time as well (sorry, i don´t remember your name )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerennie View Post
I'm going to use this from now on when people ask me what type of music he plays.
my thought too