View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #13
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
See, now I thought it was a **** crowd. There were, what, a thousand people there? What kind of narcissist decides, "oh, in this quiet moment I'll yell out Damien's name and have a conversation with him to request a song." That was the absolute worst. Add into that the hooting and yelping during the quiet moments of songs...THE QUIET MOMENTS ARE QUIET FOR A REASON! They are not invitation for you to interject your enthusiasm and Inflict it on the entire audience. Then there were the couple people who felt the need to, again during dramatic pauses in songs, to yell out "clever" responses to lines, like the girl who yelled out "me!" after "with someone else on top." It caught Damien off guard and he started laughing, which completely shattered the building emotion of the song.

The man is not a jukebox and you are not a part of the show unless he asks you to be.
I totally understand that you were highly annoyed by the times people did shout out, but your post makes it sound like it was a constant all night and that simply wasn't true. For 95% of the show the audience was completely quiet during quiet parts (except maybe for the "clever" couple near you). And we just have different opinions about the "me" comment, I thought it was really funny and enjoyed watching Damien try to keep on track. I was very close and it was clear he enjoyed it too.

As for requests, to be fair he encouraged shouting out because most times people did he stopped and asked them to repeat it. Most solo acts don't respond because it does encourage more shouting. It definitely got out of hand a few times, but mostly the interactions seemed to energize him. And I thought we got a great show because of it. An intense show.