View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #68
World Cafe
Eskimo Baby

First off, for everyone saying the blog had no relevant or informative info, the simple statement by Lisa "I was upset when I found out" is VERY informative, because it simply means she didn't know it was coming. While no one can draw other conclusions about it, it does confirm that it was Damien's decision, and that it was news to Lisa. It does NOT mean she read about it on the site - it just means when she heard about it, she was upset, which means it wasn't a 2-way discussion.

As for all the "lock this thread!" comments, at the end of the day, no matter how much many of you try to protect the band's "personal lives", there are 2 basic things about this situation that simply make it predictable and APPROPRIATE for people to discuss it:

1. There is an official statement, quite pissy in tone, declaring Lisa's departure and pretty much begging the question of why (NOT that Damien or anyone else is obligated to answer the question, but "their creative relationship has run its course" is predictably going to start some discussions here); and

2. If Lisa is publicly out with Gary Lightbody and/or Snow Patrol (I'm not making any assumptions about why she was there - fan, friend, girlfriend, who knows, but she was obviously there and talked to some of her own fans while there), then no one can be suprised that it's posted on fan forums and discussed.

Again, no one from the band or their management is expected or obligated to comment, and all of you who feel this is personal and no one's business are entitled to your opinions. But between the public declaration of Lisa's departure and Lisa talking to fans while in Gary Lightbody's company, the factt hat many of you are having hissy fits about these things being discussed here is really bizarre.

Damien's public statement. Lisa's public conversation with fans about her departure while at a Snow Patrol concert and leaving with Gary Lightbody. Fair game to discuss on the internet. Period.