View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #80
World Cafe
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
I'm trying so hard not to get involved here because by doing so I'm being a hypocrite, as my general view is that we really need to let this die.
But comments like this I find impossible to ignore - I'm just going to say this one thing: you CANNOT say it is imformative or that it proves anythng at all, because you have no idea about the relevance of the source, and neither do any of us. It's ridiculous - I mean, just look at how it's written, the girl is obviously a loon, you can't just take what she says as definite.

*regrets getting involved, leaves...*
She may be a loon, but she did meet Lisa, and given that no one has ever raised doubts about the legitimacy of details of other "I met Damien/Lisa/Vyv etc" stories here (especially when accompanied by a photo!), I don't know why even an overly-enthusiastic fan's account of this meeting would be in such dramatic doubt for you.

But, that's cool if you don't believe her story. To me, her story is detailed enough and she clearly actually talked to Lisa, so her dismay at Lisa's comment about being unhappy when she "heard" she was out of the band doesn't sound outrageous or even doubtful to me.

It's also consistent with Damien's statement, frankly, because that didn't sound like it was a 2-way conversation either.

Like I said, at the end of the day my point was mainly that this particular situation IS appropriate for discussion, for the reasons I listed above. But no one has to believe this blog if you don't want to. I just don't see why that enthusiastic fan's account is so "in question" when there have been oodles of similarly deliriously happy accounts similar to that here and no one seems to raise an eyebrow.....