View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #59
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

i think ultimately, it all depends on the artists. some artists post tweets daily about what they are listening to, what they are working on in the studio, post videos, and what have you. other artists refuse to engage with that stuff. i dont think one or the other is better or preferable.

2 other bands similar to damien would be radiohead and tool. Both highly respected, and rabid bands, with rabid fanbases. tool havent had a new album since 2006, and you never hear from any of them about studio work or when a new album is coming out. although, you hear rumors. Radiohead just put stuff out when they feel like it.

i think its the wrong way to view the situation if you are expecting something out of all this.

We are all here because we love and value the music and art damien has created. we all would like him to create more.

but i think the artists ive always respected, and damien seems to be one of these, they get into art because of the pleasure it brings them. Not for a monetary reward, or fame, or to please fans, to please critics. They only wish to try and please themselves and their muse.

Damien seems to be like that. I dont think thats going to change. The songs that came out of him for 0, I dont believe came out of him for any desire to be a beloved singer songwriter and that his songs would grace film soundtracks and movies, and tv shows. I also dont think he created 0 out of a desire to gain a happy fan base. he put the music and art out because he needed to express something.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote