View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 06:33 AM   #15
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecca
Can you say more about this? What did you mean a travelling circus? What did we all miss?

Let me just say there was an awkward feel to it.It seemed very business like (not the performance itself, but everything around and behind it).I met a few peeps and there was an attitude to them that i never seen before at a Damien gig and didn't like it at all. (these people weren't from the crew)

I don't have any problem getting big and i don't agree that someone like Damien has to do stadium gigs cause otherwise he would struggle to make a living out of record sales.I can say for sure Damien is not struggling and hasn't been struggling for a while now, which is good.It was more of a choice to go down on this road (whether it was his idea or the management's, obviously simplier and cost friendlier than playing two-three smaller gigs in one place) I am just concerned where it will lead cause he is a genuinely independent minded fella but there is a big chance that the whole gigging and his own enthusiasm about performing and communicating with the fans will turn into a routine and gets scrumbled up in this big machinery.And he was never about that before so it would be sad to see that happening, which i think will eventually if he sticks to these big arena gigs.It will suck him in slowly.

Last edited by She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite; 10-07-2007 at 06:06 PM.
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite is offline   Reply With Quote