Thread: Cologne
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #69
Joefan
Eskimo Baby

Unhappy My first ever Damo gig..........and first post here!

Hello everyone! I am a newbie here ( I live in Germany but am British) and I will introduce myself later on....but for now just a few things about sunday's concert. I was seeing Damien for the fist time although I have loved his music since the beginning. I must say I was upset that the gig was moved ( I WAS NOT NOTIFIED! found out by accident!)from an intimate venue to the Palladium which is far too big and long for a non-seating venue.Great if you get to the front.........I didnt.Basically the audience around me f***ed up the whole evening for me.I had to keep moving around the hall to avoid one idiot after another,including a drunk who insisted on drumming on my back and singing along out of tune of course,and a dutch guy talking NONSTOP. I finally found a quiet place right at the back of the hall where I could enjoy Blowers Daughter and the last numbers...
I did record the whole gig but the settings were wrong and there is so much distortion during the louder songs......
Anway.........................sorry to rant and moan on my first posting here!! Damien was AWESOME and I wish I could have really enjoyed the experience...next time!
I havent yet been able to watch a single clip from the 11th on YouTUbe........when can one watch without it always stopping every few seconds?? It isnt my connection,we have broadband.Anway............my question.DOES ANYONE HAVE A RECORDING?? Is there a recording "out there" anywhere?!
Anway,it is lovely to be here and the odd member may guess who I am by my User name!
Thank you for letting me rant!
By the way...............security was less than tight.They overlooked my camera and IRiver but DID make me throw away a tiny pot of pasta salad which I had bought, but not eaten, on the train!! heheh
Joefan is offline   Reply With Quote