Thread: Berlin
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

I enjoy drinking, but haven't for the Damien shows. I drink a lot of water, though. Even though I hate public restrooms (and the lines for Ladies Rooms), if nature calls... And, some of those songs are over 10 minutes long!

I worry about making tight rules for events. People's inclination is to be defiant and resentful when others try to control them (something I think Damien understands well). I imagine Galway wasn't his first "bad" crowd and it won't be his last.

I hope his team and those whose consult he values help him redirect his reactions. Although it is hard and not his usual "method," he can learn to channel his frustrations into his louder songs and make his quieter ones more vulnerable (because he is if he is pouring his heart and soul into music that people are talking over) to gain a bad crowd's sympathy/empathy.

There are many ways to handle it, if he prepares for it. He has already made so much progress in HIS resilience and that's what I hope he continues to focus on. He can only change his reactions not anyone else.

I hope the Berliners have a great time, no matter what!

Last edited by InspirationDestination; 07-22-2015 at 04:57 PM.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote