View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #23
Beevers_uk
Esquimal Conducido Pasión

Location: In My Sugar Coated World, Filled With Angels And Love And Happiness And... And You.

I just thought this was sooooooo sweet!!!

A couple are celebrating their 80th wedding anniversary after being confirmed as world record holders.

Percy Arrowsmith, 105, and his 100-year-old wife Florence, from Hereford, were married on June 1, 1925 and have remained together ever since.

Mrs Arrowsmith revealed that they still kiss each other every night before going to sleep and hold hands, adding: "He can't settle down if I'm not holding his hand."

Guinness World Records has confirmed their marriage as the longest for a living couple.

And with a staggering combined age of 205, they also hold the title for "oldest married couple's aggregate age".

The pair have three children, six grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren and claim the key to a good marriage is not to sleep on an argument.

Guinness officials presented Mr and Mrs Arrowsmith with a certificate officially recognising their achievement.

The couple were married at St Peter's Church, Hereford, where he sang in the choir and she was the Sunday school teacher.

- Im Not Who You Think I am, I Slipped A Stranger Inside -
...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
- You'll Be My Muse, And I'll Be Your Poet -
...~My Myspace Thingy~...
Beevers_uk is offline   Reply With Quote