View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 12:46 AM   #22
coreybyrnes
eskiphotographer

here it goes....

taylor - don't like them because (1) they represent all that is corporate and wrong hence the cost being double what it should be for one and (2) they just sound too bright and not like an acoustic should sound in my opinion

martin - great guitars all around... from the cheap ones to the expensive ones, they are great guitars built to last

takamine - good if you go expensive, otherwise not really worth it

tacoma - great guitars... owner use to work for taylor but he didn't like how things were run so he started this guitar company

alvarez - love them and the cost is good

maton - love them and the cost is bad but worth it

carvin - not expensive AT ALL and they area greatquality acoustic

my opinions on electronics (pickup): buy an acoustic for its sound unplugged and then buy an LR Baggs Ibeam pickup to install (easy to do yourself) because they make an acoustic guitar sound like an acoustic guitar when you plug it in

also, you don't have to go expensive to get the best quality... i went into a guitar store the other day and played guitars from $500-4000 US dollars and i ended up walking out with a $700 guitar because it sounded the best... i was willing to spend whatever just to get the best sound and it turned out i didn't have to pay more than a grand....

i've said too much. shut me up.