View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #12
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i feel somehow strange commenting on a such subjetive topic, because, of course, this is only my opinion... but iīd say every place is meant to be the best place if itīs oneīs only chance to see him live, because that is quite an experience.

many of EF (i can include myself, i suppose, as i was lucky enough to see him live a number of times) had the chance to see him live several times in different venues/cities/countries and of course thanks to youtube and recordings we get the vibe from different places, then we can compare... but i canīt really see the point.

anyway, i think thereīs also the cultural factor, which can be noted by the "common behaviour" of the audience. is kind of the same thing applied to meeting people or introduction. generally speaking, in south america, we kiss on the cheek even if itīs for the first time (and in argentina, even men kiss each other on the cheek), whereas in many countries in europe they shake hands and in korea, for instance, male bow if you are a female and female do if you are an older female to show respect. we are our culture, among many other things...

anyway... enough of the non sense, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
Ireland? another place which is a no no no for gigs, everybody is drunk and only there to get wasted instead of listening to Damo, i.e. Cork
oh yes... althought there were drunk and noisy peple in cork, that gig was close to perfect and the fact that damien looked like he didnīt want to leave the room and he threw a kiss to the audience proves it, at leat to me... galway was totally in different story, wich was covered already.

back to the topic... so good we still have more of him live before the year ends